Adjacent to the Cathedral is the eighteenth-century Luchessian Library, which houses numerous and valuable volumes. The nearby church of Santa Maria dei Greci is so named because it originates from the Greek-Catholic rite. In the courtyard before the church you can still sense an atmosphere of Oriental mysticism. It was built on the ruins of the Temple of Athena, dating from the VI century B.C. In a small underground passage the remains of the basement are visible, while the colonnade is incorporated into the perimeter walls of the church. The Abbey of the Holy Spirit, founded by the Chiaramonte family at the end of the thirteenth century, still dominates on what was the expansion area of the city. Inside the church the stucco art of Palermitan sculptor Giacomo Serpotta is celebrated, who lived and worked between the end of the 1600’s and the early 1700’s. The quadrangular cloister from the adjacent monastery has elegant windows and portals. Inside, the Sinatra Art Galley holds a wonderful collection of paintings from famous Sicilian painters of the 1800’s, portraying the lush nature of Sicily.